Banana OatMeal Bites: (Vegetarian, Gluten Free serves 6)
A perfect healthy dessert snack made completely nut free suitable in school lunches too!
2 Cups old fashioned Oats
2X Bananas Ripe mashed
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ cups brown sugar
2 Tbsp Flaxseed
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon seasalt
¾ cup Milk
- Preheat Oven 160’C and spray muffin pan with spray oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients together (oats, baking powder, brown sugar, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt) – whisk together.
- On a separate bowl, mash Bananas and add eggs, beat for 1 min then add milk and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture on each muffin opening using a tablespoon.
- Bake muffins for 15 minutes – check center if baked through.
Healthy Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Muffin
These nutritious Baked Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Muffin cups are suitable for on the go breakfast. They’re moist, delicious and free of refined sugar. Perfect for a healthy dessert snack too!
1 Cup Old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cups of Whole Wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 to 2 cups of blueberries
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup greek yogurt
¼ cup milk
1 large egg
1/3 cup honey
- Preheat Oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Line a 12 cup muffin with liners or non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla, and honey.
- In another bowl, place dry ingredients oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and whisk. Add the blueberries toss and combine.
- Add the wet mixture with melted butter to the dry mixture, stir until combined ( avoid over mixing)
- Spread the batter evenly in the muffin pan and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool down for few minutes after checking if well baked. Then place the baked muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.